PAGES

Our First Christmas Party

Saturday, January 4, 2014
  Notice the post isn't titled "Ugly Sweater Party", despite my desire to have our first USP I found out that party planning is crazy demanding (add hauling around a teething 8 month old, AND the Christmas season..) so I didn't get everything done that I had wanted to. So our party was just a *Christmas Sweater party since everyone except two people (obviously the stars of the show!) were wearing ugly sweaters haha. 
(Sorry for the lack of pictures but I had my hands full with serving mimosas, holding my baby, and shoving doughnut holes into my mouth.) 

  For food I made my double chocolate chip cookies, french toast bake, ham & egg cups, and some crackers with cheese and salami. We started everything off with mimosas while the hot chocolate was brewing in the crock pot. And since it was our cousins Birthday (Happy Birthday Danny!!!) I had made a doughnut tower that I put candles in and we all sang him happy birthday.                                        




  I had our usual Christmas decorations up, but I had this extra string of lights that I was unsure what to do with. I randomly got the idea to hang it on the wall in the kitchen/dinning room to add a little bit of holiday cheer in there. I really like how it came out, and it was probably my favorite part of the party. When I was cleaning up last night Kevin and I decided it'll stick around till after the new year :)


  Overal I'd say it was a success, our last two guests didn't leave until 11pm! Hosting is a lot of work and I was exhausted at the end of the night, but I'm definitely excited for this to be our new tradition. I loved getting to spend more time with our friends and family than we usually would get to and that's what this season is all about, right?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design