PAGES

Cheers to Four Years!

Wednesday, June 11, 2014
Tomorrow is mine and Kevin's Fourth Wedding Anniversary!!
When I look back on it it seems like we have been married for a lot longer than four years. We've made it though so much- schools, deployments, moves, a new baby.. not mentioning all the other hardships that come along with growing up and becoming who you are/want to be all while trying to take care of another person and nurture a relationship. 
We got married young and that's hard, a lot of people who get married young don't make it. As you get older you change and sometimes the person who you knew a few years ago isn't really there anymore. Not saying that it's a bad thing, but it can hurt a relationship if both parties aren't willing to accept the other persons growth. Change is inevitable. Love is something that needs nurturing and protection through out all of life's ups and down. When you get married you make a promise to another person that you'll put your relationship first, that you won't let it slip between the cracks of life. That you'll accept and help the other person grow.
It's the first biggest decision of your life, but also the most wonderful.
It's really hard for me to put into words what our marriage has meant to me over these past four years.. 
 When I look at Kevin I feel an enormous sense of pride. He's my soldier, my hero. 
He knows me better than anyone else.
He's seen me at my darkest and makes my light shine brighter.
He's never given up on me. 
He made me a bride, a wife, a mother..
He's the best dad (and makes adorable babies!).
He is gentle and kind,
despite the tough guy exterior ;)
He is one heck of a catch, and I still get giddy when he looks at me.



















Thank you for loving me Kevin
These past four years have truly been the best of my life,
heres to 40 more.




3 comments:

  1. aww i love this! happy 4!! getting married going IS hard, absolutely. there is so much growing that keeps taking place and you have to work to keep yourselves in tune, going in the same direction, maturing, learning to love each other well! you should be totally proud of all that you guys have made it through!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are BABIES!! Hottest couple, EVER!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design