PAGES

Tandem Bikes, Planes, and Friends

Friday, September 14, 2012
  
We got the joyous news of our baby on August 5th, 2012. In the weeks leading up to that day Kevin and I were going about our lives as usual. Working out (hard..), going on trips, and competing in athletic competitions.


 Two weeks before finding out the (really) big news I went on a last minute trip to visit my friend Forrest in Anchorage where he was interning at for the summer. We went to go see a Brandi Carlile concert straight from the airport and basically held each other the entire time and cried (I would like to say it was because of the pregnancy hormones.. but I probably would have cried anyways, her music is powerful!). It was easily one of the best memories I've ever made. The rest of the weekend consisted of us being.. well us. Haha, shopping, eating, dancing, all while meeting some interesting people along the way.

Forrest and I on the tandem bike


Our dear friend Michael was also in Anchorage. 
It was so nice to hang out as a threesome again!



Should have figured out that I was pregnant when I had a hard time
getting into this squat! 






My best friend, Forrest



Watching airplanes

Hahaha! I love how professional Michael is. 
Also, how Forrest apparently didn't get the memo!

Best Photo of the day by far

Love

Two gays. One bike.

I've always said Forrest was my "other soul mate". No matter how many miles or how many months separate us, when we're together it feels like nothing has changed. As I start this new journey with Kevin, I know that things will be different for Forrest and I. We'll have to balance my new family with our crazy shenanigans, but I know that no matter what happens in our lives we'll always have each other to come "home" to.

I'm so thankful for my friends. 
God has really blessed me with so many amazing people in my life, and I thank him everyday.


I'll post some pictures from the Fitness derby we competed in the day before we found out we were going to become a family in a later post. I feel like I should call some friends :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design